Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Good Bye Weazel Babies! :(


This is an extremely hard day for me. I have decided to give my sweet ferrets Lucy & Gizmo away to a new family. I have had these little guys for a year. One crazy Thursday night, David and I went to dinner at a Mexican restaraunt and had a few toooo many margaritas! While buzzing, we discussed the fact that I wanted an animal that I could name "Gizmo", because I thought that was the cutest name ever! Well David, feeling a little loose, decides that we should go to Pet SuperMarket and get ourselves a hampster and name it Gizmo. I thought this was a wonderful idea! We went home, and took a few more shots and headed off to Pet SuperMarket. David used to have a ferret that he loved when he was younger, so we walked over to see the ferrets. I of course decide that the one ferret that is jumping at us really "loves" us and wants us to take it home! David's response: "well he's probably going to get lonely, so we better get 2"! A few hundred dollars later we were on the way home with our 2 new friends "Gizmo & Lucy" and their HUGE ferret home! We eventually regretted this decision after I realized that ferrets are ALOT of work! They poop ALL the time, and EVERYwhere! I loved them so much though. If you have never been around a ferret you just don't know what amazing animals they are! I think we got the best one's ever born! They became 2 of my best friends over this year and I am really,REALLY going to miss them! I'm going to miss the ferret dance they do when you let them out of their cage! I am going to miss finding them curled up asleep in the most random places (my kitchen drawers, my dresser drawers, behind the kitchen cabinets, in a pan, inside the couch!) I am going to miss watching them play with each other and having them follow me everywhere around the house! But most of all I will miss the love they gave me and the love I have for them! One thing I won't miss is the POOP! And that is the reason I have to let them go! I live in a small house which the smell can take over very quickly! I plan on hopefully having kids in the next few years, and I cannot have a baby crawling around on floors where ferrets have gone to the bathroom. I will miss them terribly, but am thankful that I had them in my life at all! I have found a nice family to take them! They have 3 kids who are incredibly excited to meet Lucy & Gizmo, and I hope they have a good rest of their life to come! I love you & will miss you always!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog as for me. It would be great to read more concerning that topic. The only thing it would also be great to see on this blog is a few photos of any gizmos.
Katherine Karver
Phone jammer