Thursday, January 22, 2009

New Year!




Well it is now 2009! Can you believe it? Shouldn't we be flying around in cars by now? It's even more of a new year for me as I turned 28 a few days ago. Sheesh...shouldn't I be married with children by now??? Life sure doesn't go the way you think it should or plan it to be! Thank God for that though. :)
A new president was inaugurated into office this week....Obama. ehhh it's bittersweet. I think it's wonderful that we have come this far as a country to have our first African-American president. It's amazing! But, I do not think that Obama was the best choice. I believe he was voted in solely for the color of his skin, and not for his ability as a leader. Enough of that!
Gidget begins much needed obedience training this weekend! Yippee for that! David enlightened me to that fact that Gidget believes she is "Alpha" over me...meaning she is above me and has no respect for what I say! After some reading into the subject, I realized that this is my fault. I have treated her like a real baby since the day I got her. :( She sleeps in bed with me, sits on the couch next to me, I hug her and kiss her and cuddle her all of the time and NEVER follow through when I tell her no about something. I tried to work with her yesterday...I made her sit before I gave her food, I pushed her off the bed & the couch at least 2.5 million times, I stood up and firmly said no as she was biting my ankles. And all the while she looked at me like she just couldn't understand. I tried very, very hard not to cuddle her and love on her but I couldn't not do it. What is the point in having a dog if you can't love them and treat them like a person? I can't think of anything. David wants her to be a good guard dog, which she already is....except when she's in the warm bed with me snoring under the covers and kicking me off!!!
I am very ready to start this new year off with my sweet little Doodle & Gidget! I love them both very much, and couldn't imagine life without them. David has already told me that this will be the best year of our lives...and I belive him. As long as we are together I am ready for whatever is in store for me!

No comments: