Thursday, October 15, 2009

Moving Day

I can hardly believe that the time has come to move into the new house. It feels like everything is happening so quickly! I haven't really let myself think about it for the past few months because I had so much time before I had to prepare....and then I blinked my eyes and the waiting was over! This Saturday we will be moving everything over. You know what that means? It means that this Friday night we will be frantically packing my whole house up! We haven't done ANYTHING to prepare. I am going to be pulling my hair out! As excited as I am about this move, I still get sad when I think about selling my house. Although i've only live there for about 4 years, I am really attached because it was the first BIG thing I did! I was so proud of that accomplishment. I was 24 years old and I purchased my own house and made my own mortgage payments! My Dad did get the ball rolling...and I didn't actually live in it for the first year...but it was mine and I loved it! I will miss my little house with the huge back yard. I'll miss sitting on the back patio drinking a beer by the fire watching the dogs run around everywhere. I'll miss living so close to my Mom and Dad and being in the neighborhood that I grew up in. It just feels like SO many important things happened in this house. It has been home for David and I for our whole relationship. I feel like I'm abandoning an old friend or something! I  know that when I eventually get there, I will love living in my new house, but I will leave a part of me on Ilene Drive.

1 comment:

Elise said...

I know it must be hard leaving....but you have a new future to look foward to. A NEW HOUSE!!!! Being a WIFE! And eventually babies!!! The best part is you will always have something to look back on and remember where you were, came from, and how everything has changed!!!